Tuesday 22 January 2013

Ice and Sunshine



The cold weather has frozen the city lakes - the ice reflects the facades of the buildings in a lovely way. I'm attending a course in down town today and tomorrow. At the lunch break today I walked to the city lakes to get some fresh air, and to take a few snap shots with my cell phone.


A pretty rough wind was blowing, making the weathercocks spin around at the top of the towers.


The camera in the cell phone was a bit delayed when I took the pictures.  Some of the photos turned out a bit funny ... the horizon curved diagonally either to the left or to the right!


The camera took a shot as I was taking my gloves on, resulting in a self portrait of a kind.
I added two textures later on to spice it up a bit.


There were many lines on the ice - can you see the fine line consisting of footsteps,
right in the middle of the reflection of the building facade on the clear ice? 


The sun reflected the light on the buildings via windows,
creating spots of light on the walls.

I enjoyed biking today - tomorrow I'll wear a pair of overtrousers to stay warm!

- And a warm welcome to the newest followers,
Carol, Nancy, Jill, Lina Isabella, Nancy, Mscarletti & Roxi!

Linking to



P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

11 comments:

  1. Love how the buildings reflect off the ice. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Nina, the reflections are stunning. Cheers, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, the reflections on the lake are just beautiful!!! What a gorgeous city you live in☺
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie - The old buildings, bridges and the lakes are beautiful, I keep admiring them :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//