1. The weather is getting cold, so I've started to wear mittens. The mittens in the picture is a gift from a dear friend of mine, who has knitted them herself - this pair is my favourite!
2. It was snowing this afternoon - just a little while, but enough to cover the windshield of the car. I took a picture of the tiny snowflakes that fell on my shawl... Maybe it will snow more this weekend?
|Texture kk_stampedright 2 by Kim Klassen|
3. Tea is the warm drink to every season - especially in the flue season. I had a sore throat in the beginning of the week, so I've had pots of ginger & liquorice tea. I wonder if it is the tea itself, or the many peaceful and quiet moments I've had while enjoying the tea, that has helped - I didn't get a flue, and my throat is better now. Or maybe it's something else...
I've been receiving e-mails from the gym, where I train: "You've been training 0,25 times weekly this month" (6 weeks ago), "It is more that 30 days ago we've last seen you, we hope that are you doing fine?" (this week). These mails made me pack my trainers - I went to a zumba lesson. The lively music and an inspiring instructor made me sweat, laugh and train!
"Well done, mum!" said our youngest son, when I came back. "I like that you do your training - then your neck won't get jammed!" His sweet and caring comment motivated me to book my training beforehand to next week as well!
|Texture kk_chrish by Kim Klassen|
4. My Christmas present-project is advancing - not as fast as I assumed, but I'm making progress every day. It's been relaxing to sit down in the evenings with the knitting needles and a cup of tea.
|Texture kk_cherishscripted by Kim Klassen|
5. The highlight of the day was this Christmas tree in our local library - I find it absolutely brilliant! I asked the librarian if I could take a picture of this fantastic Christmas. Our librarian told me that recycling and repurposing are some one of their core values - before they're gonna sell these books, the books might as well serve another purpose.
Our library holds occasionally "a sale" on older books and the books that are not lend to often, where you can buy them at very cheap prices. I read quite a lot and visit the library twice a week, so many books on our bookshelves are from the library wholesale.
I'm sharing this post with Five Fact Friday hosted by Reflection of You and with Freedom Fridays hosted by My Turn for Us.