Friday 15 February 2013

Silver treasures of winter

 

Winter, a lingering season,
is a time to gather golden moments,
embark upon a sentimental journey,
and enjoy every idle hour.

  John Boswell
 
 
 
 
The winter comes: the frozen rut
Is bound with silver bars;
the white drift heaps against the hut;
and night is pierced with stars.

 Coventry Patmore
 
 
 
 
I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields,
that it kisses them so gently?
And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt;
and perhaps it says
"Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.
 
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland



I have taken and edited these photos with my iPhone 3GS
Silver / Treasure is the theme of the 3nd week in
Rebeccas (Bumbles and Lights) and

21 comments:

  1. Kaunista ja jotenkin mystistä! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photowork, nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Winter post, the beautiful pictures and quotes touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, there's somethng blue ovet Winter.

      Delete
  4. You have captured the contemplative mood of winter to perfection...and your quotes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri, a part of the winter seasonis a bit melancholic ... The beauty and sadness of withering and bareness

      Delete
  5. beautifully processed! my fave is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your captured silver beautifully! you did an amazing job taking and editing this photos with your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, these are gorgeous! I needed some inspiration for this drab winter and I think I just found it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning ~ great for WTS ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those chilly blue reflections... I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #70!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set, and exquisite quotes! I love quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these images, there is something very magical about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely photos and wonderful quotes! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these photos and quotes! Some of the images are hauntingly beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us in the Nurture Photography Challenge. I'm playing catch-up this weekend. Sorry for stopping by so late!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//