Thursday 24 January 2013

Smoke in the kitchen ...


I had planned to prepare baked potatoes to go with the chicken, but I decided to boil some spelt grains instead, since the spelt would cook faster. As the spelt was boiling, I thought I would Skype with my dear cousin - it is her birthday today. As I was logging off from Skype, I could smell the bitter smoke rising from the pot ... the water had boiled out and the spelt was burned - Oh boy!

Well, I was able to save the top layer of the spelt grain. The pot is also washed. And -  I learned not to cook and talk on Skype at the same time!

It is a good thing to be fully present in every situation, whatever you're doing - also when cooking :)

Well, we've eaten, the fume is gone and the kitchen is filled with fresh, cold air
... and it was lovely to talk with my cousin!


"If you can't see the bright side of life,
polish the dull side. "

Unknown

10 comments:

  1. You made me laugh...as I just burnt a whole pot of boiling eggs. The eggs were stuck to the bottom of the pan and the shells had exploded. That is what happens when you paint and try to cook at the same time:) Atleast you could eat some of your grains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cynthia, I've never seen eggs that have exploded! It's fantastic to be in a flow of painting ~ writing ~ sthing else, forgetting the time and space ... As long as the stove is not on :) I laughed when reading your lines ... Imagining the sight that waited for you in the kitchen!

      Delete
  2. Oh my that has happened to me too mention times to mention! I wasn't talking on Skype but on the computer. LOL Glad you could save some of it...it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, luckily it was just the bottom-ones that got burned :)

      Delete
  3. I hate that when you have something on the stove and forget about it, until you smell the smoke. Oh, well at least you had a nice talk with your cousin. I love the quote at the end of your post, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to hear her voice ~ definitely worth the trouble with the grains :)

      Delete
  4. It doesn't take much to become distracted. Oh well at least you able to salvage some of it, plus you got to talk to your cousin. I love that quote. Cheers Nina, have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linley, wishing you a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  5. Oh my and I thought multi-tasking is a woman's thing LOL!
    Wishing you a great weekend and a delicious meal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought also I was good in multi-tasking ... Well now I know that multitasking in kitchen is excluded ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//