Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tea & Biscuits



This weeks theme in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday is "cuppa", so I took a picture of my new favourite tea: White Temple Tea. I've used Kim's new texture 1301 on this picture.

Teas with bergamot flavour has been my favourites until I tasted the White Temple Tea ... the flavours of mango, papaya, strawberry, pine apple and black currant do tickle my taste buds in a wonderful way! 

With the White Temple Tea I can easily settle with a thin short bread cookie - no longer craving for Oreos or Jaffa cookies - the fine, fruity taste of the tea is complete with a plain biscuit (or a few of them!).

I want to share with you this sweet poem about Tea and Bisquits - I wrote just the first and the last verse here. You can find all the verses by clicking the author under the poem.


Off comes the lid of the special tin
The special tin with biscuits in
Biscuit time with a hot cup of tea
Just the one will do me....

... Biscuits I must confess are the food that I love
A gift for my taste buds from Heaven above
Well I might as well finish with the last Butter Crunch
They're ever so thin and won't spoil my lunch.




What is your favourite tea & biscuit at the moment?




17 comments:

  1. I will have to look for that flavor. Right now I am enjoying wild blueberry. Reminds me of hot August summers. Love the biscuit poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum...I absolutely love tea! And I don't usually eat biscuits with them, but it would be my favorite if I did. I drink so much tea, mostly Vanilla Rooibos, Vanilla Black or Spiced Green tea, that I think the calories would add up too quickly for me! :)

      Delete
    2. @Debbie, Wild blueberry tea sounds delicious ~ I haven't tasted that - I keep my eyes open & I might find it somewhere...
      @Nancy: Vanilla Roibos must have a very nice rats ~ I like the softness of Roibos tea!

      Delete
  2. That tea sounds wonderful and I love your shot, looking down into the scene. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot! I'm not much of a tea drinker, but that one looks and sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shot and I love the poem.... The tea sounds delicious ... Thanks for visiting me today and leaving such a lovely comment....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viv ~ I do like your photo & composition!

      Delete
  5. Love your photo and the snippet of the poem! My favorite tea is Twinnings Earl Grey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image and texture use. That tea sounds lovely, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be looking to see if I can get that tea locally, sounds yummy. My favorite is any type of Chi, love spice. and today I'll be eating a white chocolate cranberry cookie with mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxi, I'm also fond of the spicy taste of chai ~ enjoy your tea and the white chocolate cookie with cranberries - yum!

      Delete
  8. So lovely, that tea sounds delicious !
    Beautiful poem too !
    Enjoy your tea and biscuits :-)
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo., Nina. Lately I've been enjoying honey camomile tea and toast with orange marmalade. Usually around mid-afternoon. The white temple tea sounds delicious. I'll have to see if I can find it here. Shortbread is always a good choice. The poem is very sweet, and brought a smile to my face. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//