Tuesday 8 January 2013

Apples of Gold

 

 
I sat my grocery basket down in the supermarket, at I was choosing these apples yesterday. I found 8 round, nice and fresh Pink Lady apples, and I sat them down to the grocery basket, and went on.
 
As I was standing in the que to pay for my groceries, a smiling lady came to me and said "I'm sorry to disturb you, but you seem to have mistaken with your grocery basket ... You are carrying the basket with my groceries!"
 
I looked down to the basket and was surprised ... under the apples was not my zucchini nor the bread I had chosen, but a milk and other things, I hadn't put down! I said to her that I was so sorry - that I must have picked her basket up after choosing the apples! The lady smiled to me kindly and said that everything was fine - it was better to swop the baskets now, before paying for the groceries. She kindly showed me the way to my own grocery basket - it was standing by the fruit section, under the apples.
 
I'm thankful for the kind lady that she came to me and pointed out, that I was carrying her basket ... instead of maybe thinking that "How odd - that woman is carrying my grocery basket without even noticing, that it isn't hers?!"
 
So I totally agree, that

 
A word fitly spoken is like
apples of gold
in a setting of silver.
 
Proverbs 25:11
 
 
I'm linking to
 
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had to chuckle because I have done this before. I'm so glad I'm not alone :) and we love Pink Lady apples over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you share is, Judy ... So I can camfort my self knowing I'm not the only one going around with others groceries :-) Pink Appless are so tasty!

      Delete
  2. What a kind lady! I have to admit something similar happened to me and the person wasn't quite as nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was lucky to have taken a basket, that belonged to such a sweet person! If someone ever takes my basket, I'll surely be as kind as she was to me!

      Delete
  3. I am glad she was so kind in her approach. It isn't something I've done, but I could certainly see myself doing it. The apples are quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, Yes - we all have tha days where we're more or less distracted by our thoughts ... That takes our focus from the things we're doing.

      Delete
  4. I have done it with a shopping trolley Nina, not actually walked off with it but parked mine and then went and put a couple of items into someone elses. We both laughed. Pink Lady's are my favourite apples. We grow many in our South West area of Western Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linley - oh boy, it's good that you both just laughed! I wonder if the Pink Apples I bought actually are from Australia - I need to check that :-) They tasted really delicious!

      Delete
  5. Love your blog and am following as I have the same interests. I'm at http://faithfamilyandfstops.com. Love the snow pics and the apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, I popped by your blog and like a lot your photos, especially the series of your sweet daughter! I'm happy you like my blog, welcome!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//