Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013



As I was making tea in the morning I realised that I started this year by making tea instead of coffee. I started to drink tea without any major decisions - After a stomach flu in April the coffee didn't just taste like before. So I have been drinking tea for more than half a year now (once in a while I drink a latte, when occasioanlly in a cafe with friend :)

A couple of years ago in January my aim for the coming year  was to reduce my consumption of coffee, but it really didn't work - now it has happened, all by itself, without any hassle.




I haven't made any New Year's resolutions for this coming year. I have instead reflected upon the year 2012: The highlights, the low valleys, the sweet simple things of everyday life - all kinds of moments, the year has included ...

We all have our joys and sorrows in the everyday life, that are taking us forward as well as challenging us. We do not always understand why this luck or challenge has fallen upon us  {why me / my family} often the answer cannot be found - but both things are a part of life and living.

If there is someone, with whom we can share the joys and sorrows, it doubles our joys, and in some ways also lightens the sorrows. I've been sending thankful prayers - for having these persons, with whom the daily issues can be shared, and also about being able to be in a position of both giving and receiving.

I found the pictures below from the Pinterest. They are in some ways rich in hope, and underline the importance of where we set our focus ...






I might as well add one more: The things you don't finish today, will be there tomorrow - the world will most likely not go under, even if we fail to finish all the chores and things we'd planned for today.

A funny little note to this: There was no room in my tummy for desert yesterday - so I had the chocolate mousse for breakfast today :-)




I'm so happy for all the nice greetings, you've left here on the blog, as well as for all the new friends and acquaintances, I've made since August, when I started this blog.

I wish you all the best for the coming year
 - a bunch of enriching experiences, as well as moments when nothing happens
(someone wise has once said that to be bored every now and then is healthy :)



These words from my favourite verse from the Old Testament
are encouraging and suit well in the beginning of this
New Year 2013:
 
For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
 
Jeremiah 29:11
 
 
 
ps: One thing I'm really happy for is that I'm beginning to learn how to use textures in pictures!
The textures I've used in these pictures are from Kim Klassens Cafe.


12 comments:

  1. Oh Nina..... it has been wonderful to get to "know" you through blogging this year! I am excited to get to know you EVEN MORE in 2013. This was an amazing post!
    All the BEST for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, Kerri!!! I enjoy every time when I visit your beautiful landscapes - your bird photography with all the quotes is so inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours Nina!! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia - to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Nina. Wishing you all the joy and happiness in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed this post Nina. I too have made no new resolutions this year. I look forward to reading more post from you throughout the year, Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linley, I love to pop by and see your pictures of the wide nature in Australia ... hoping to visit your beautiful country one day!

      Delete
  5. Dear Nina, thank you for this meaningful post, wise words and beautiful photos. I wish you a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year together with all the ones you love. Greetings from Istanbul,

    http://1brindemuguet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Müge! wishing you all the best for the New Year!

      Delete
  6. I love the rocking chair quote! lol :) how awful must have been to have stomach flu, can't even imagine. the quote from the Bible is so peaceful, thank you for sharing. wishing that all your dreams for 2013 come true.. happy new year, sweetie. xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, I'm happy you the rocking chair made you smile, and that the verse brings about peace! I wish you all the best & many good moments in the New Year!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//