Friday 29 March 2013

The Message of Love


A beautiful love letter is found in the Gospel of John.
Chapters 13-17 describes what Jesus wanted to share with his diciples,
knowing it would be His last supper with them.
I've picked up a few sentences, that convey His love to his diciples
... both then, now and in the future.

Do not let your hearts be troubled.
You believe in God;
believe also in me.


My Father’s house has many rooms;
if that were not so, would I have told you that
I am going there to prepare a place for you?

And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come back and take you to be with me
that you also may be where I am.

Gospel of John14:1-3



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Gospel of John 14: 27


As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 
You are my friends if you do what I command.
Gospel of John 15:9-14


I have told you these things,
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Gospel of John 16:33


... Let's remain in His love.


 

MyFreshlyBrewedLife

42 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nina. Have a Blessed Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, Blessed Easter Sunday to you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Patrice, Happy Easter to you!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Wishing you a blessed Good Friday and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie - Blessed Easter to you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful both in thought and photo. Blessed holiday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Easter weekend, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda - I enjoyed a lot reading your 7 facts!

      Delete
  6. Splendid post. A joyful Easter to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina this is just beautiful! Perfect words for this season, and for every season of life. Also your photos are stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! I tried to leave a comment under your latest post, but I didnøt find the comment box - trouble in cyberspace?!
      Happy Easter to you!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful scripture passages for this Good Friday. I hope you have a joyous Easter weekend, Nina!

    Your photography is stunning!

    Robyn
    theranchwifechronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful selection of scripture verses, a perfect reminder of his love for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - Happy Easter to you!

      Delete
  10. Such good promises to cling to! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia for taking time to write here, Have a Blessed Easter :)

      Delete
  11. Those images are breathtaking, Nina. And it's almost as if I'm standing next to our own pond. We call it Lake Abby (it's in front of my daughter's house), and it's the result of a broken tile in the field, but still... And the words, I can never read them enough. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra - The picture of your website must be from that pond! Thank you for hosting the Still Saturdays, they're an oasis of Peace & Blessing.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen! That is lovely! Have a wonderful Easter! He is ALIVE!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter Barbie! And that you for hosting The Weekend Brew :)

      Delete
  15. I love your photos! Cattails are one of my favourite.

    Blessings on this Holy weekend.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photos. And, often wonder what my heavenly home will be like. So look forward to being there...

    Thanks for the Word and the neat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I have overcome the world" ~ May we walk boldly because of this truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a truth we daily need to take with us!

      Delete
  18. This was so lovely! What beautiful images and scripture of His love.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by for a visit courtesy of Jumping Tandem.
    Beautiful photos and verses.
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed week! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Cat Tails against deep blue winter sky. Easter blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was blessed to read how Jesus loves me. Now I ask, Elaine, do you love Jesus? Oh yes!!!

    Thank you feor visiting my blog and commenting.

    Happy Easter to you!
    Elaine
    Www.SplashesofSerenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, beautiful post, Nina. I hope you had a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//