Friday 3 July 2015

Sunny Copenhagen


I had to run some errands in downtown yesterday ... The sun was shining and it was warm (like elsewhere in Europa at the moment - the heatwave is reaching us here up North).

As I was biking along the Rosenborg Castle Gardens, I heard the sound of bagpipes and saw that the park was filled with Brass Bands - young people in different, colorful uniforms. I parked my bike and went into the park, and enjoyed the colorful scene with music ... A nice break under the shadows of an oak tree.

As I passed the Marble Church, I took a moment to admire this majestic building with the round dome - and walked the few hundred meters to the Amalienborg Castle, the residence of the Queen of Denmark. 

I was smitten by the blue skies above the pretty, old buildings - and hearing the many tourists talking different languages - feeling like I was abroad on holidays. I snapped a few photos with my iPhone, and rode my bike further.

Having finished my errands, I was close by Nyhavn / The New Harbour - that is, a 17-th century waterfront with restaurants and cafes ... and a lovely ice cream shop! They had lactose free ice cream: I chose a cube of mango-melon and a cube of raspberry ice cream ... A cooling and delicious treat!




The slideshow above is made with Go Pix-iPhone app, that is available for free at the App store. Go Pix has many templates and music you can choose from - you can include from six to nine photos to a slideshow ... A fun way of sharing your snapshots from holidays. 


 Happy Weekend greetings, 
 Nina

Sharing with


Saturday's share Fest by The Sits Girls

20 comments:

  1. What charming buildings and photos - it does look like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JoAnn - I'm also still enchanted by the buildings ... the small details and statues makes them very special!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree, Tamar - especially the downtown with the old buildings and colorful Nyhavn is very impressive.

      Delete
  3. Hope some day I can visit this beautiful city !
    Summer greetings, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to send a mail, if you are planning to visit Copenhagen - I'd love to recommend some places of your interest that would be lovely for you to visit, Patricia!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an absolutely lovely day! Your images are beautiful. I hope to visit some day!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa - It was a lovely day ... I was smitten by the sunshine and the smiling faces around med :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Nina it makes me so happy to hear of your lovely adventures out and about again! I have same lactose free chocolate ice cream most evenings. As long as there is no undue weight gain, why not, right? I am also wheat intolerant, to that keeps me away from most breads and cakes -but oh! I do miss regular brownies and cookies sometimes!

    I live near Washington, DC so I hear people talking in foreign languages all the time when I walk around the lake or go to IKEA. Like you say -it's like being on holiday! Independence Day holiday weekend here. Fireworks tomorrow night.

    :) m & jb who has developed a dislike of thunder this year -so we shall see how she does hearing fireworks tomorrow night eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      I have also followed gluten free diet for 8 months now - and I have found some nice recipes for gluten free cakes - a banana-chocolate cake and a carrot cake (I should post the recipes on my blog after summer holidays).
      Happy 4th of July to you Maureen!!! I hope you'll see some great fireworks tonight ... And may they not be tooled so JB don't get too nervous!

      Delete
  6. I liked biking along with you, Nina, enjoying the lovely city landscapes. The ice cream was great, too. I like that slideshow! Must have a look at the app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely to bike together, Barb - something new is the "Superbikerpaths" from the neighbor cities to Copenhagen - and the "green wave" traffic light that makes biking in and out of the city smoother. And there are biking paths all over in Denmark - I'd love to take you to the Norths Coast of Zealand, to a fishing town called Gilleleje ... It's a beautiful liking route through the forests and follows the coastline - and the Gilleleje city is very charming - we could eat fish caught from the area in a cozy restaurant by the sea!

      Delete
  7. It looks like a place full of character. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah ~ Summer brings out the best in the city ~ people are out enjoying the sunny weather and holiday mood is all around :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like it was a wonderful afternoon, Nina! I can only dream of riding my bike in Copenhagen and stopping to admire the sights while eating ice cream! Thank you for taking us along! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely noon, Karen, sort of being a tourist in my own town :)

      Delete
  9. What a deightful and charming afternoon, sweet Nina :) The buildings are simply beautiful! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, The buildings are so pretty ~ I often look upwards when going about, admiring them ~ and bump occasionally in to someone :)

      Delete
  10. How lovely! The buildings are so pretty, and I am glad you are having lovely summer weather (we are still waiting). Copenhagen is so charming, hope to visit it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kia - It was such a pretty and sunny day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//