Wednesday 6 March 2013

Breakfast Smoothie with Blueberries, Pear and Tofu

 
Smoothie with tofu contains a lot of proteins and keeps the hunger pangs away until lunchtime. I was inspired to try this recipe by Marika, who serves it as a pudding to her kids - and they love it! She underlines that the pear needs to be almost over ripe, in order to sweeten the smoothie. Our pears weren't that ripe, so I sweetened the smoothie with a ½ teaspoon stevia and a ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar.

 

You will need: (2 portions)

1 ripe pear
½ cup soft tofu (I used Silken)
1 cup frozen blueberries
½ cup cold water
(taste and sweeten if necessary)

Mix the ingredients in a blender and serve - Easy Peasy!

 
 
 
A warm welcome to new blog friends
Selma, Natasha, Judy, Charlene,
Veronica, Lord Sky Oak, Angela,
Pieces of Sunshine, Basketwoman, Jordan
and Life Twins & Drama Queen!
 
Linking to:
 
I have used Kim Klassen's textures
happyheart and cherishscripted.
 
 

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent WeakleyMy Turn (for us)The Chicken Chick

19 comments:

  1. The smoothie sounds delicious; I must try soon...
    Your textures transformed your shots into beauties.....Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, the smoothie gives a nice variation to breakfast (now that it's not so cold anymore it makes a delicious breakfast :)

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious! I guess greek yoghurt could be used in place of tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can easily replace the tofu with greek youghurt ... that would a smooth and creamy smoothie - yum!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's is, Debbie - Would love to serve you one! (I wonder when the teleport will be invented - would be a handy way to travel :)

      Delete
  4. That smoothie looks sooooooo gooooood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Smoothie is not only healthy but also yummmmmm. I was born in Indonesia, so I often use it in Indonesian food, but never tried to put it in a Smoothie.

    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, I fell for the Sambal Olek-tasty chili sauce in Bruxelles, our friend with Indonasian roots taught us to like it (I do not know if Sambal olek is from the indonasian cuisine, but it surely tastes good! (in small proportions:)

      Delete
  6. Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe. :-)

    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very good! (and good for you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I've been reading about the good nutritional qualities in tofu / soya, so I'm trying to find different ways of using it :)

      Delete
  8. I love your photos and blog! Our first linky party is on, we'd love to have you join us on the dance floor :) at:
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/03/ready-to-waltz-party-time.html

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine - Thank you for inviting me!

      Delete
  9. That absolutely looks delicious and I will certainly give it a shot. I know I will love it and I bet my kids will too. Gorgeous photography to accompany the post too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back from my trip -- and glad I dropped in to see your latest photo.. both photos are wonderfully clear and I like the camera shot of the pear...great job! Yumm - now gotta go and make this..
    HUgs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//