Sunday 10 March 2013

A Happy Surprise - Inspiring Blog Award

 
 
 
As I popped by Our Old Homestead this Monday - one of my favourite blogs that daily cheers me up - I was surprised to receive an Inspiring Blog award from Debbie! I am so happy for the reward, thank you very much Debbie!
Here are the rules for accepting the Inspiring Blog award:

1. Each blogger should post 7 random facts about themselves.
 
2. Pass the award along to two blogs that inspire you.



Here are the 7 random facts about myself:

1. It takes time, and a large mug of tea, for me to wake up in the morning.

2. I'm a nature enthusiast - Wherever I have lived, I've been lucky to find a lake / sea and a park / forest nearby. When I walk about in the nature and forests, I'll "save" some images of beautiful places, voices and scents, so that can remember them later on, and relive the moments.

3. I wish te could get our own poppy one day: I've grewn up with a dog in the house, and know how nice it is to come home and find a "Woofie" welcoming you carrying an old shoe, and also that you need to walk it 3 times a day in every kind of weather.


This picture is from the website of our local library.

4. My favourite verse is from the Gospel of John 14:28:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

5. Sometimes it's confusing to be in between two countries / cultures: I do not know the Finnish celebrities anymore, there's new words in Finnish that I've never heard of, and I create my own words in Finnish for the amusement of my relatives & friends there. In Denmark, even if I speak Danish fluently, I have an accent, and people keep asking me if I come from Norway (One person asked me if I came from Jutland, I took that as a compliment - it's inside Danish borders ... ;)



6. I try to live in the present moment and enjoy it (so I won't be tempted to worry about tomorrow- that wastes both time & energy). Living a life to the fullest for me means to be "present" with my family, friends and people in general - but in order to do that, I need some moments alone too.

7. Sometimes I wish I still could posses the natural ability to play, that children have - maybe when immerced in a good novel I occasionally experience that still.
 
 

... Well, now that I've shared the 7 random facts about me, it's my turn to nominate two of the many blogs that inspire me - I wish it would be possible to give the award to all of you wonderful co-bloggers! But having a personality with a fairly strong conscientiousness trait, I'm going to stick to the rules and nominate the following two blogs:

1. Dawn from Words of Deliciousness - Dawn's cooking and baking recipes are scrumptious and versatile:    I always find inspiration to my kitchen from her !

and

2. Amanda from Wildly Simple - Amanda's nature photography is amazingly beuatiful and she shares handy DIY tips on how to remodel your furniture and other things  - recycling and environmentally friendly solutions - not to forget her delicious recipes!

Thank you again, Debbie, for this award!
 
Wishing you a lovely Sunday,
and a warm welcome to
new followers
Tess, Dena and De Mons!



Linking to Natashas Bolg Party at:

 
Serenity you

21 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, on winning the Inspiring Blog Award. I loved reading those random facts about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome my friend. I loved reading your seven random facts and I hope you get that puppy one day! Have a Blessed Sunday Nina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Every now and then we look at different races ... A golden retriever or a spaniel maybe?,

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on winning this award; well deserved...I enjoyed reading the facts about you. It's always fun to get to know more about our blogging buddies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, It would be nice to have a "Random 7 fact blog hop" - a good way to geta peek into one another's universes, wouldn't it :)

      Delete
  4. Nina...those pink budding blossoms are breathtaking! Thanks for sharing those tidbits about you...it's always a pleasure getting to know our blog peeps a little better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the trees are blossoming int he garden of my good friend, I look forward of seeing them blossoming .. Hopefully soon :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Nina! It was so sweet of you to stop by!Now I'm feeling quite well, thanks!
    Wonderful blossoms photos! Thanks so much for sharing them.
    Hope you're having a nice weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, I'm greatly inspired by your fab wire-crocheting - very unique and creative!

      Delete
  6. Congrats! I love that photo of the flower...that shot of pink just livens the whole thing up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, first of all congratulation on the award. Second of all thank you for thinking of me when passing on the award. I love coming to your blog and seeing the wonderful photos. I liked reading the facts about you and getting to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn ... I'm happy having found a place where I always find inspiration ... Your blueberry-lemon scones are a winner, as well as the cheese-chicken breasts ~ I admire the diversity in your cooking!

      Delete
  8. It's been fun reading a bit about you - fun stuff and Oh my goodness I LOVE that last photo image and how you edited... it is indeed a keeper!!!!!!! And your blog is inspiring...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,The pink flower was just calling to be photographed! I enjoyed the pictures from your journey - the desert and the cactuses - what a scenery!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the award! I love how the Lord blesses us with an award to pick our spirits up when he sees fit♥ It couldn't happen to a nicer person. Blessings. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, thanks so much ... Surprises like these does really make one happy both in / and outside :)

      Delete
  10. WOW! I was reading along, enjoying your seven facts, and planning to comment on what a beautiful photo that is, of the blossom.. I just love the colors, and the bright thoughts of spring ahead..
    When I got to the end!
    What a compliment, Nina! I was certainly not expecting that! Thank you, and I am honored to accept. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda ... I smiled when I read your comment - I was about to write in your blog that the award is waiting for you, but I thought you were still on the holidays, so I thought I'd wait a bit ... but that's good, since you got it as a surprise! I dwell in the peaceful atmosphere that's hovering over your posts!

      Delete
  11. Nina:
    Congrats on your award! I'm very glad to be connected. I am delighted to be more connected to Scandinavia, as I enjoy learning about things from all over the world.

    I am thankful that you told me about my Etsy link, as it wasn't working properly and I didn't know. Here's my store, just in case you wanted to check it out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KennedyCreativeWorks

    Anyways, enjoy your award & don't feel that you need to reply. Best wishes, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//