Monday 5 January 2015

Simplify [One Word]



Instead of making New year's resolutions, I have chosen one word, that will be my point of focus throughout 2015. My earlier post shows glimpses of the impact of my word for 2014 - Unhurried - had on my life.

The word SIMPLIFY has been growing in my mind the past few weeks. Simplify was the theme in our church in November - since then, it has echoed in my mind and called for my attention. I look forward of having Simplify as my companion in 2015 - being curious of what kinds of fruit it will bring along the way.

Why Simplify?
I hope it will help me to focus to the essential - cutting the unnecessary away.
Less is more - practically as well as mentally. 
Not alone to achieve a simpler life - but also a process, in me.
It is sometimes the little things, that end up making a big difference - so let's see...

Quoting E. F. Schumacher, Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.  Well, since I am no genius, I must posses a whole lot of courage :-)

What are you hopes and wishes for 2015?

Until next time...
Nina


Sharing with: Texture Tuesday Roses of Inspiration   Saturday Share Fest 

Photo: iPhone5S, Olloclip-lens, Camera+ & VSCOcam Texture: Kim Klassen

13 comments:

  1. Lovely image and perfect word, Nina. I love simple ... all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am moving toward simple as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of SIMPLIFY! Simplicity is the best. My word for 2015 is FOCUS. I wanna enjoy little things that creep in to my life, as well as everything with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent word for the year, Nina.
    May it bring you all that your heart desires for this New Year.

    I have never done a "word" for the year until now. I heard it for the first time here in the blogging community and thought it would be a great thing to do.
    My word is "Quiet" I will be applying it to my speaking. It seems like it is easy for us women to talk a lot, especially in a crowd, and I would like to listen more and speak less. I have found that listening more allows me to digest a conversation better.

    Blessings to you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image! Love the water drops and how your processed the text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image is wonderful, the light, leaf veins and the water drops are perfect. Simplify is a wonderful word for the year. I am still thinking about what word I would like to choose for 2015. I keep changing my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simplify has been my word for the last 2 years. It's a work in progress. I was so happy to see this post, visiting from The Enchanting Rose link up. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear Nina, I was thrilled to see you linked up one of your beautiful posts at Roses of Inspiration - thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed this post and loved what you said especially this... "I hope it will help me to focus to the essential - cutting the unnecessary away." Amen!

    I think the word you have chosen is wonderful. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great word. We did this a number of years ago in every area of our lives and have never regretted it. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, you have read Small is Beautiful, too, huh?
    My word for this year was impressed on me by God a few weeks ago. The word is Movement.
    I must have more movement in my body, my mind, and my spirit.
    So, what happens? I get the flu and have been flat on my back in bed for 5 days! LOL!.
    Our Lord does have a sense of humor!
    Simplify is a beautiful word. I incorporated that one into me years ago.
    Living the monastic life would suit me just fine!
    Happy Simple Year! Love, m & jb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been moving towards this for over 5 years now...I am finally seeing myself simpler and more relaxed. Thank you for sharing Nina...I'm visiting from Stephanie's link up party :D mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nina, I am also visiting from Stephanie's link up. Simplify is a great word for the new year and I am actually planning to simplify my life as well. 2014 wasn't a bad year but it was at times, too busy. 2015 will be simpler, focusing on the important and enjoying the day-to-day things that sometimes get lost in the busyness. Lovely post!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//