Saturday 16 March 2013

Almond Whoopie Pie


For these Almond Whoopie Pies you need basically almonds, unsalted butter and an egg - together with a bit of sweetened and baking powder. I filled the whoopies with whipped cream and a spoonful of my favourite jam, which is starberry-apple jam at the moment.

I eat a handful of almonds every day, either at the breakfast or as a snack later on ... Almonds do contain all sorts of healthy nutrienst, such as amino acids and fatty acids, and they also give you a feeling of being satiated.

So when I came accross this recipe I immediately wanted to try it: The whoopies turned out nice and crunchy, and the almond taste goes well with the soft cream and jam -  Yum!
(The filling according to the original recipe consists of cream cheese, whipped cream and lime - but I was drawn to keep it simple and used the lactose-free cream alone since it suits best for my digestion).


Almond Whoopie Pies (6 pies)

Ingredients:

Pie bottoms:
1,3 cup (3 dl) almonds flour (chop the almonds in a coffee grinder/ food processor to almond flour)
2 oz (60 g) soft unsalted butter
1 teaspoon stevia (or 2 teaspoons sugar, honey, acacia syrup or other sweetener)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg

Filling:
½ cup (1 dl) whipped cream
0,5 teaspoon vanilla powder
0.5 teaspoon stevia (or sugar / other sweetener)
6 teaspoons strawberry-apple jam (or some other jam you like)

Decorate with:
Powdered sugar

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients together and form  12 small, round pies onto the baking tray. Bake at 390 degrees F. (200 degrees C.) for about 10 minutes.

Whip the cream and sweeten it with stevia / sugar and vanilla powder. Add one spoonful of jam to the center of the pie bottom, pipe a circle of whipped cream around the jam, and set another pie bottom on the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.




Next time I'm going to fill these whoopie with chocolate mousse

19 comments:

  1. These look so very good - I am glad to enjoy them through your pictures. Thanks for sharing them (visually and with recipe) with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicki! I've found so much inspiration to my kitchen from blog friends, so when I come across a good (and easy to prepare) recipe I like to share it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes - yummy! (I'm a novice when it comes to whoopies ... So far so good! ;)

      Delete
  3. Nina, your whoopie pie look and sound yummy. I love eating almond too. I think that the chocolate mousse would go well with the flavor of these whoopie pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I'll try the choco-filling at Easter.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear they do look scrumptious!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those look good! Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you around more often. I think it's so neat that you live in Scandinavia. One of my favorite things about blogging is "meeting" people from all over!
    sewingourlifetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, I'm also glad about being able to meet people from diggerent corners of the world | one of the best things in blogging actually :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh these look so good! I can't wait to try them out :) DD is a big fan of sweet and I can conjure up some clever fillings that will suit her palate! thanks for the recipe...and love your photography.
    -Reshama
    www.stackingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Resha! Just like you write, there's endless possibilities of filling the whoopies :)

      Delete
  7. These look delicious. We have a blog hop starting at 9:00PM tonight. We would love to have you share this with everyone. It's called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite - Such a lovely blog hop you have, I'll be joining it next week as well!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Have a great week.
      Debi, Charly, Marci, and Suzan
      http://www.adornedfromabove.com

      Delete
  8. these look absolutely delish!! i think i'll need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they're also very easy to prepare :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Kathy, Thank you for the invite! I popped over to your blog and joined your blog hop right away! I found so many lovely DIY-links ... It'll be fun to go an check them out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!!! That sure looks delicious Nina! YUM!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to see what you link up tomorrow evening! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//