Monday 11 February 2013

Spinach Quiche with Goat Cheese and Almonds


This Christmas I fell in love with goat cheese - I've recently used goat cheese in a variety of dishes. I found the recipe for this delicious goat cheese quiche recipe from an inspiring book I received from my mom. This spinach quiche has a mild, round and delicious flavor - both my husband and our friends absolutely adore it!

I replaced some of the ingredients in the original recipe as follows: I replaced the hazelnuts with almonds, the nettles with spinach, the butter with margarine, half of the buckwheat flour with rice flour, and the creme fraiche with thick yogurt. The buckwheat flour has a bit strog flavor in my opinion, therefore I reduced the amount.

The quiche is gluten-free. If you wish, you can use all purpose flour, normal full cream and milk.


You will need the following ingredients:

4,2 cups (1 liter) fresh spinach
0,4 cups (100 ml) almonds
0,3 pounds (125 g) molten butter or margarine
0,6 cups (150 ml) buckwheat flour
0,6 cups (150 ml) of rice flour
2 tbsp thick yoghurt
3 eggs
0,8 cups (200 ml) of soy milk
0,4 cups (100 ml) soy cream
pinch of salt
0,4 pounds (200 g) crumbled goat cheese

Instructions:

- Rinse the spinach leaves and chop them a bit. If you use frozen spinach, let it drain a moment in a sieve.
- Stir the melted butter, buckwheat flour, rice flour and the thick yogurt ina bowl to a dough. Press the pastry into the bottom a pie dish, and prick small holes to the pastry using a fork. Bake for about 10 min. at 390 F / 200 C degrees. Then lower the temperature to 350 F/ 175 C degrees.
- Beat the eggs, soy cream and soy milk together, add a pinch of salt.
- Cover the pre-baked bottom with spinach, sprinkle thereafter the crumbled goat cheese on the top. Pour the milk-egg mix over the quiche. Add the almonds on the top, and bake it at 350 F/ 175 C degrees for about 30 minutes.

I decorated the baked quiche with a few fresh sage leaves. This quiche tastes delicious both warm and cold. You do not necessarily need to serve a salat to go with it  - The spinach, goat cheese and almonds give a rich and round flavor ... Bon appetit!
 
 
 A warm welcome to new followers
Millie, Sarah, Keke, Jenn,
Ilda, Kristin and Daisy!
 
I'm linking to these delicious blog hops:
 
 
Pi Day Pie Party
 

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Jam HandsLemons for Lulu

11 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I have not tried goat's geese as of yet but this recipe is a great excuse to! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, Goat cheese was a pleasant surprise for me - It tastes also great on the top of a toast with a bit honey, warmed in the oven :)

      Delete
  2. I love using fresh spinach! I'm looking for a good quiche for a get together and I think I just found it! Would love it if you'd like this up to Saturday Share With Us!
    http://www.lemonsforlulu.com/2013/02/09/saturday-share-with-us/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, I hope you like this quiche - there's plenty of spinach, and it's easy to prepare. I'd love to join your Saturday Share, thank you for inviting me!

      Delete
  3. oh yum, this looks and sounds delicious. I love goat cheese, spinach and almonds so I am sure I would love this!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna, I hope you enjoy the quiche - those three are also among my ingredients!

      Delete
  4. That looks so yummy, I'm going to try this. I can't say I've ever had goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, I hope you like it - the soft cheese has a mild taste, the sweetness of almonds suits well together with the cheese.

      Delete
  5. Holy cow! This is no ordinary quiche! There is so much I love, I don't know where to start!! I adore goat cheese! I love how natural and fresh this dish is, with the spinach, rice flour, yogurt and almonds! Thanks so much for sharing this at Saturday Share With Us! Can't wait to see what you share this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//