Monday 4 February 2013

A special treat



Chocolate mousse is a lovely treat: A full, deep taste of chocolate fills your mouth, the cool mousse feels good and smelts away in your tongue ...

I needed this special treat this weekend. Not for any special reason, other than there was a sort of chocolate mousse feeling over my Friday. As I was smelting the chocolate and started to whip the egg whites, I could hear the boys ask: "Mom, are you making the choco mousse - cool!!!"




This Friday I wanted to use the special handmade goblets, I bought from the Arts and Crafts Market in August. My husband was to work this weekend, but as it happened, a friend of mine popped by - and we enjoyed the chocolate mousse together, watching the good old Pride and Prejudice together.



As a mother you get used to prioritize the need of your children, the needs of the household and the needs of your family ... And what often happens is that your own needs get the lowest priority. We can repress our own needs for a periode of time - but if this time is constantly prolonged, we're gonna react in some way... Getting blue, moody, unhappy, cranky, a bit depressed ...

Sometimes we can notice our selves, whats happening - sometimes we need a caring insight from the persons near us. Now that the children are older, it is easier to find the balance ... there seems to be more than 24 hours in a day, compered to the toddler years.


 
 
There are many little things that bring joy, things that I find relaxing and meaningful - like baking something nice in the kitchen {e.g. chocolate mousse}, immersing myself in a  book, biking to downtown, going out with my husband, swimming, having an afternoon with a friend, going for a walk with my camera ... to mention some ways I like to take time to myself.
 
In which ways do you like to take time to yourself - 
How do you wish to give yourself a special treat?
 
 
 
I've used a texture called Havana designed by Kim Klassen
 
 
 

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

4 comments:

  1. Nina, I wish you could of heard me gasped when I opened your post LOL! Chocolate anything gets me all giddy inside. Those goblets are breathtaking...that must of been some festival you attended to find such beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful post ~ chocolate, beautiful flowers and inspiring quote and Fantastic Photography ~ Beautiful blog ~

    Carol of: (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing daffodils makes me hopeful that Spring is just around the corner! And who could turn down Chocolate mousse?? Yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daffodils are lovely and your chocolate mousse looks yummy. :)
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//