Monday 8 August 2016

Café on a Bluish Monday



The schools have started today.  That marks, for me - symbolic - the end of the summer holidays. Yet, this year, I am lucky that my summer vacation continues still for this week ....But the feeling of the ending summer, is hovering over me like a dark cloud.

Well, as it happens, my friend is also on vacation this week, so we decided to go for a walk around the nearby lake. Walking is good, as well as talking with a friend ... so towards the end of our walk, the blue feeling of saying goodbye to the summer, was not feeling that heavy. 

Our local, cozy café has opened again (after the summer holidays :)  so on our way home, we dropped in for a cup of coffee. And from there on, my day has been unfolding somewhat naturally ... The daily routines of everyday life do make a frame, even to a blue Monday, that is safe, predictable, and uplifting.


Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, 
a smile, 
a kind word, a listening ear, 
an honest compliment, 
or the smallest act of caring, 

all of which have the potential to turn a life around.


Dr. Leo Buscaglia


... May there be silver linings for your blue and rainy days as well,

Nina

2 comments:

  1. I understand that melancholy feeling, Nina! It was so nice to share this special day with your friend to lift your mood. Lovely photo. Hugs and sweet blessings xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your sweet note, Karen! Friendships are precious, even a small note sometimes can lift one up, ain't that right! Have a lovely weekend, and enjoy the setting sun over Mt. Rainier tonight ... I hope to see the view one day with my very own eyes!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//