Saturday 27 July 2013

Red - A Child's Vision {Nurture Photography}

A Child's Vision
Under the sweet-peas I stood
And drew deep breaths, they smelt so good.
Then, with strange enchanted eyes,
I saw them change to butterflies.

Higher than the skylark sings
I saw their fluttering crimson wings
Leave their garden-trellis bare
And fly into the upper air.

Standing in an elfin trance
Through the clouds I saw them glance….
Then I stretched my hands up high
And touched them in the distant sky.


At once the coloured wing came back
From wandering in the zodiac.
Under the sweet-peas I stood
And drew deep breaths. They smelt so good.
Alfred Noyes


Sharing with:



6 comments:

  1. Nina, these photographs are a perfect illustration of the poem...So sweet.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect marriage of the words to photos - so poetic and entrancing it just carried me along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome words for those great close-ups!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photography...especially the last photo with the setting sun. Beautiful words and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color! Thank you so much for sharing these with us in the Nurture Photography Challenge! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//