Saturday 28 November 2015

Advent Candles


The time for crafting Advent Candles has arrived. Making Candle decorations is a Danish tradition I have adopted to our family, since I moved here in Copenhagen for 19 years ago. 


Making Advent Candles is easy and fun
You need some candles, clay, acorns, pine cones and other things you have collected from the nature during the fall 
I like to use ribbons and other decorative elements, this year I have dried some flowers and roses to use as well. 
Pine branches, moss and mistel are to be found in the local grocery stores here in November - December, together with clay, to use in the Advent Candle decorations.  
And finally - you need small trays, plates or clay pots, where you build your Advent Candle decoration.



The process is very simple - You take a clump of soft clay, and put it on your plate or in the pot. Then you plant the advent candle in the clay, and decorate it with the things you have, as you wish.






We got snow last weekend, which kick-started my Christmas mood.
We listened to Carols and had some ginger bread-cookies, while making the Advent Candles. This is how out Advent Candles -making looked like in 2012.


Advent candles from Nina Jensen on Vimeo.

The snow has melted, but the Advent Candles decorate our home ... 
We're lighting the candles tomorrow, the first Sunday of Advent.

This year we have a special joy, when lighting the Advent candles - 
My mom is visiting us this weekend
and celebrating the first Sunday of Advent with us!

Wishing you a joyful weekend,
Nina


Sharing with 

Saturday's share Fest by The Sits Girls
 Friendship Friday Friday Photo Journal
Photo Friday by Jen


Photos: iPhone 5S, Camera+, Snapseed, VSCO & Faded Apps

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute!!
    Happy advent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than hand made. These are just beautiful and perfect for the days and nights ahead. I bet the smell of the pine is very satisfying in this season. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I hope you had a good day. Happy first Sunday of Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's that time of year again either. I love how you create your Advent candles and the tutorial was very helpful. I am running behind and I must get my out today. I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful week ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tradition, Nina. Make memories with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love sweet hand made items too..I have a lot of free nature around me to use - wink! Family Traditions keeps one grounded..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//