Sunday 15 March 2015

Chocolate Muffins [Gluten free & Sugar free]




I found the recipe for these delicious gluten-free and sugar-free chocolate muffins from Den Glutenfri Kogebog -cookbook, which I bought for myself in December. Dates sweetens these muffins naturally so sugar is not needed at all. The taste is pleasantly soft - cocoa powder and 50 g of dark chocolate bring about the rich taste of chocolate.

Ingredients (8 to 10 muffins):

250 g of dried dates
2 eggs
1 dl (0,4 US cups) of water
1/4 dl  (0,1 US cups) of olive - or coconut oil
50 g (1,8 oz) of peanut butter
1/2 dl  (0,2 US cups) of almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
30 g (1 oz) of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
50 g (1,8 oz) of rice flour
50 g (1,8 oz) of chopped dark chocolate
decorate with walnuts (they replaced them with almonds)

Recipe

Cut the dried dates into smaller pieces with scissors, thereafter soak them in hot water (1 dl / 0,4 cups) for about 15 min.
Mix the soaked dates and the water in a mini chopper, then add the eggs and olive oil, and mix them together.
Pour the dough into a bowl - add rest of the ingredients and mix them together with a whisk or a mixer.
Pour the batter (I was using table spoons) to a muffin plate, and decorate each muffin with a walnut or an almond.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes in 175  C (350 F) degrees  in oven (165 C / 330 F degrees in an convection oven).


I  served the chocolate muffins with  raspberries and tea - and yes, they tasted delicious!


... Wishing you scrumptious moment with baking,


23 comments:

  1. They look so yummy...This is one recipe I will definitely try and very soon...Thanks for sharing all the details of making these. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy - I hope you like them - and they're healthy (natural sugar) to serve to your sweet grandchildren as well :)

      Delete
  2. Delectable and creative and great shot!

    Happy Week coming to you

    artmusedogs and carol
    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! Your Haiku's are an inspiration to me ... and all the pretty photos by the water!
      Happy weekend to you :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! They look wonderful. I will have to try to make them myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll like them - Making a double portion of the batch would be a good idea, maybe - these were consumed the same day :)

      Delete
  4. They look delicious Nina, a feast for the eyes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chel, Wishing you a weekend with joy & glimpses of sunshine :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Enie, they taste sweet - perfect for a cup of tea or coffee :)

      Delete
  6. These sound wonderful and dates are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle - Dates give a great, full sweetness :)

      Delete
  7. Sweet friend, they look divine! And the raspberries are the perfect addition to the chocolate :) Thank you for sharing, dear friend. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie - You have inspired me to so many sweet pies ... Bears do go well with chocolate :)

      Delete
  8. That sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe, I will save this one when my friend comes over who can't have gluten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carola, It is so thoughtful of you to prepare something gluten free for your friend, I will be sharing other gluten free recipes in the future as well :)

      Delete
  9. Good evening, Nina! I am so glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration - thank you so much, dear friend. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this, Nina! My daughter is gluten intolerant and always looking for recipes. She also loves raspberries so I might make this for her next time she visits. Your table setting is lovely. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen - The teacup, creamer and the little plate are all from the African Touch Fairtrade boutique, crafted in Africa ... I like them a lot as wekk :)

      Delete
  11. How yummy these look, Nina! Thank you for this delicious recipe. Now I need to wait to go back to Italy to get good dried dates, as the one here are always a bit moldy. Yuck! :( I really like you table setting and the super pretty mug, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kia, oh those Italian dates must be soft and juicy ... making my mouth water :)

      Delete
  12. Good morning, sweet Nina! I wanted to let you know this post has been featured at Roses of Inspiration. Thank you so much for linking up :)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie, I am really happy to hear that! Thank you for hosting Roses of Inspiration - It is a great and inspiring fellowship!
      Blessings to your week,
      Nina

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//