Sunday 14 December 2014

Grab the Hope



When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they’ll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. 

When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—God can’t break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.

We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It’s an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 6:18-20 The Message


Still, My Soul Be Still by Keith and Kristyn Getty

Blessings to your week, 

Nina

Here's a printable
of Hebrews 6:18-20
for you 

Sharing with: 


Photo: iPhone 5S, Hipstamatic: Libatique 73-lens, Shilshole-film
Textures: Anna Lenabem & 2 Lil Owls Studio

10 comments:

  1. Holding on is well worth reaching out, Nina...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! Oh my gosh, I love this image and quote! What translation of the bible did you use? So here am I, ready to grab on with two hands! He is faithful, and will give me all he promised, if only I will say 'yes' to him. YES!!
    Advent blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil, Thank you for your sweet words! I have used the Message-translation - it sometimes gives a fresh feeling to the well known verses (I can see I forgot to write it beside the Scripture here). Blessings to you a peaceful weekend,
      Nina

      Delete
  3. Oh Nina, this is quite beautiful and so very true.
    May we rejoice in the promises of God, and claim them as He so desires of us to do.
    Sweet blessings to you and Merry Christmas.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessing to you on this third Sunday of Advent. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has given us such powerful words and then gives us the power to live them. Just incredible...Your editing on this photograph is just beautiful and perfect for God's Word.....I hope you have a great and blessed week ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina!
    I'm wondering about the Bible version you are using -I like it. What a wonderful and welcome message!
    Blessings to you and yours this third week of Advent.
    xo, m & jb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chosen scripture just shot right through my heart. I love the potent, all powerful medicine of the word. Right. And right on time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! Oh dear Nina, your words were such a blessing to read - thank you for this precious message! Have a Merry Christmas, sweet friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this image and quote, Nina! Marvelous message! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//