Tuesday 2 August 2016

Grilled nectarines with goat cheese


We had a lovely two weeks in Finland ... Spending time with family and relatives (a lot of it in the kitchen :)  
Time is a strange thing - In one sense, the time stood still in a good way: No hurries, just spending time together ... 
And at the same time, it felt like the two weeks were all of a sudden gone, and it was time to pack our suitcases again!

My mom gave me Hanna Hurtta's cook book Sesonki Reseptit (Seasonal Recipes). The book is filled with tasty recipies for using seasonal ingredients. The recipes are both easy and fast to prepare. Now I am go through this book (and a few other cook books), trying different recipes.

You wil need:

4 nectarines
200 gr / 700 oz goat cheese
Balsamic syrup (I used thick Balsamic Crema-vinegar)

After rinsing the nectarines, I pitted and halved them. Thereafter I grilled them in the oven 2 x 7 minutes at 200 C (390 F) - turning the nectarines after the first 7 minutes - so both sides are grilled.
I then sliced the goat cheese, and topped each half with a slice - and grilled them for another 5 minutes. After they had cooled down a bit, I poured just a bit of the Balsamic Crema-vinegar on the top.

The nectarines tasted d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s, making a great snack in the late afternoon. They would serve well as a starter or a dessert as well.

What is your favourite recipe for nectarines?

Nina




Sharing with

Recipe & DIY Linky by SITS Girls

6 comments:

  1. This looks delightfully tasty, my friend. I must confess that I don't eat nectarines very often {not sure why}. I would love to try your recipe so thank you for sharing.

    Love and hugs to you, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is first time when I actually have prepared a nectatirne - I usually have enjoyed them "as the are" as a snack or dessert. There must be also a pie or a cake, where one can use nectarines ... I am inspired by your delicious baking recipes, Stephanie!
      Wishing you a warm and sunny August, my friend!

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to spend time with family, but so hard to say goodbye! This recipe looks so delicious and so easy, too. I eat nectarines sliced in farmer's cheese or baked with cinnamon-oatmeal topping and now I have a new way to enjoy them. Thank you for sharing, Nina! Hugs and sweet blessings xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat farmer's cheese alot - Thanks so much for the tip of slicing a nectarine to the cheese ... That would make a delicious breakfast! Or to make an oatmeal topping - that sounds tasty as well!
      Farewell's are so sad ... But there is a promise of reuniting hidden in a farewell, ain' there?!
      Sunshine to your week, Karen!

      Delete
  3. I love recipes like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simple one's with few ingredients are my favorites too :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//