Monday 24 June 2013

In My Town - 4 Ways Photography Challenge

 
 
We live in the suburbs of Copenhagen - it takes about 20 minutes to bike to downtown. I'm fond of the 3 lakes, that are situated about a stonecast away from our home - surrounded by parks, trees and bushes. That's where I often times go for a walk - and where we went together with the boys to play hide and seek, catch me if you can and just climb up to the trees etc., when they were small.
 
 
In the summertime the weather can get pretty warm. It is in the green areas, by the lakes and by the sea, that you feel the breeze. The biking lanes are very well organized all over Denmark - you can basically bike from here to Gotland, following the lanes through the country (well - you need to take either a train / bridge or a ferry to sail from Zealand to Jutland). The water is clean and suitable for swimming in the Canals of the city, where you find swimming facilities in different parts of the city.  
 


In the fall the town is clothed in red and yellow ... the leaves decorate the surroundings, and the bright autumn air is fresh. I like all seasons, but autumn is lovely in a special way. Time for apples and chesnuts, fresh walks and bike trips, and cozy gatherings.
 
 
Winters can be very cold, even if we don't get snow every year. The humid cold seeps into your bones ... So you need both gloves and hats to stay warm. The light is very special in the winter months. I like to bike to the City Lakes, meet up with a friend of mine and her dog, and walk around the lakes and enjoy the pale, bright light ... and a cup of tea-to-go :)


With these 4 collages I welcome you to the
4 Ways Photography Challenge:
Our theme in June is In My Town

4 Ways Photography Challenge is a monthly creative meme
where we wish to challenge you and one another in finding
4 ways of photographing the monthly themes:
 
June 24th: In My Town
August 15th: Capturing Negative Space

4 Ways is hosted by 4 friends - all photo enthusiasts,
who wish to share the joy of finding new insights and skew angles
in photographing the world around us,
embracing everyday life with a camera at hand.

4 Ways Photography Challenge is open to everyone!

What are the things you appreciate in your town / your rural area -
Share your snapshots with us:




ThoughtsandImagesAlongtheWay
 

If you wish to share the blog hop on your blog,
you find the link to the HTML-code here:

22 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Thank you for showing us around the place that you call home. I feel honored to have visited, my world's been enlarged!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already planning a bike ride into town so I can take some pictures for this lovely challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, Yolanda - I'm looking forward to see what had caught you eye! :)

      Delete
  3. These are truly some great images. I adore the photo with the swans in the last collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle - It was a cold afternoon around 4 pm, when we walked around the city lakes ... and the swans came close - Lucky I had my camera at hand!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous challenge and great images to accompany your collages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara - I had fun while making the collages ... thinking back to the moments when the Pictures were taken :)

      Delete
  5. Wow - these are beautiful images. I'm thinking I will need to add Copenhagen to my bucket list of places to travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, Copenhagen is a small city - Denmark is a small country, so you'd be able so see a lot withing a week!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful - you make me want to visit. I like all the biking and the landscape is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love biking here, there are not that many Mountains nor vallyes, just small ups and Downs ;)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you over, Debbie!

      Delete
  8. wow! amazing post! hope I will visit your town some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zina, Don't hesitate to write to me, if you come around ... I'd love to recommend Places to see and visit! And thank you for sharing the beautiful captures from your town, Agios Nikolaos :)

      Delete
  9. Very, very lovely post/blog! So happy you visited me so I could visit you . . . Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your country and town are beautiful in each season. Charming collages Nina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super idea for a link up Nina! Loving your town -- looks like there is so much to do which is great for your busy kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I passed through Copenhagen a gazillion years ago. I remember it as a lovely place - I hope to return one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are stunning images, Nina. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//