Monday 2 December 2013

DIY Paper Heart Garland


 
Paper Heart Garlands are easy to prepare and a nice crafting idea for home decoration.
It took me about 60 minutes to make these 9 paper heart garlands, using materials I  already had at home. I adjusted the lenght of the garlands by varying the number of paper hearts from 3 to 5 hearts / garland.
 
You will need:
- a heart paper punch
- some paper with print - I used an old school textbook, that is made of strong and slippery paper
- one small bead for each garland 
- white sewing thread
- a needle
- scissors
 
 
 
 
I proceeded as follows: 
  • I started with punching the hearts. I noticed afterwards that some words were randomly placed in the middle of the heart, like "dilemma" (I used an old textbook from Qualitative Research Methods :-)
  • I then clipped the hearts out with scissors.
 

 
  • I fastened the bead to the thread by binding a knot.
  • Then I connected the hearts, one by one, using three double stiches on each heart. I left a space about 4 inches between the hearts.
  • Finally, I bound a loop at the end of the each garland, so I could hang them up.
  • I made 9 garlads in all, three to each window, with different lenghts.



- And that's about it - pretty easy, aint it!

Crafting Paper Heart Garlands is a fine way for repurposing an old book, and for making timeless, wintery decorations.




... with hearty greetings,

Nina
 
 

 
 
Sharing with
 

13 comments:

  1. What a super cute garland! Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Have a lovely evening!
    Best wishes, Annemarie
    p.s. I'm your newest follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea - if only I had the patience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to recycle those old textbooks we all have collecting dust in the basement! I love all things paper and this garland is completely cool. It would look great wrapped around a Christmas tree. Visiting via "InspireMeMonday" link up (where I'm #186).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina,it reminds me of simpler times,when we were creative instead of purchasing...
    Thank you for sharing! My grandmother would have loved this so I felt inspired and wrote my post thinking of her and using one of your lovely pictures!
    Allthe best,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Nina and very dainty!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such delightful and whimsical paper heart garland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How simple and how super cute, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this lovely DIY heart. So easy that I will be comfortable to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping from Inspire Me Monday. This is really lovely. I think this would be an excellent project to do for anytime of the year, especially for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing and am now GFC following...~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//