Tuesday 29 July 2014

Guest Post by Sarah Carletti

I am excited to introduce Sarah Carletti, a talented photographer, whose beautiful portrait, nature and macro photography is of great inspiration to me. I have learned to know Sarah through a community of blogging photographers, and I am so happy she was willing to write a guest post on my blog. Moreover, I am smitten by Sarah's gentleness and her sweet spirit - learn more of her by visiting Sarah Carletti Photography.



All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name. 
Psalm 66:4

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am an amateur photographer. If you visit my blog you will quickly notice that I photograph lots of flowers and nature. While I love the landscape photography that portrays grand vistas, I tend to look close at the Earth and focus on the small things I see. There is such beauty in even the smallest of nature. 
When I photograph a beautiful flower or plant, the details remind me of how sovereign and majestic the Lord is! He is many things, but He is creator.

A lone flower in Spring.

Beautiful flowers along the alley.

When I go out to photograph, here are some things I look for: 

1) Light: Morning light is my favorite light to photograph flowers and plants. In the picture above, I was able to shoot almost into the sun and not get any lens flare. 

2) Color: Nature provides such an abundance of colors. Need I say more?

3) Texture: Also, things such as grass, moss, bark, sheen and seeds all make for great focal points when considering how to photograph your subject.

4) Depth of Field: I love to focus on a subject by using a shallow depth of field. In general I may use an f-stop of 1.8 to 2.8 depending on the size of the flower and what I am focusing on. In the photograph below, there is an ugly flower-bed and a mixture of early Spring, brown and green grass in the background. By using a shallow depth of the field, the colors are blurred and the flower is the focus.


5) Background: In the photo below I chose to shoot from above for two reasons - I didn't like what was behind the flower but I loved what was below it. The pink adds interest to the pristine tulip. I'm constantly moving around to find the best shot. For each person that may look different.


This is just a quick round up of my photography and style. I am so honored that Nina would ask me to guest post and I am very glad to be here! Feel free to stop by sometime and say hello! Many blessings to you.

BLOG  -  FACEBOOK  -  G+

Sincerely,
Sarah Carletti

4 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures from the talented Sarah. Thank you, sweet Nina, for introducing her to us. Have a lovely day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to see why Sarah's work is an inspiration for you - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment! I read and enjoy them all and I'll do my best to to hop on over to your blog for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//